Notifications
Clear all

MXoN vs. MEC

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Alright folks, I just got back from a long business trip (with a significant amount of personal time), and had the opportunity to watch the last MXGP in Italy, the MXoN at Redbud, and the MEC all in-person, at the tracks. After Imola, Italy and seeing Herlings dominate (as usual,) I was getting kind of nervous about a matchup with our guys and theirs on our own turf. Then, I calmed down to conclude that our guys already raced this track this year and we had everything under control. Well, when My wife and I arrived at Redbud, it was a different story. It didnt look likethe same region of the world, let alone the recognizable Redbud. I knew before the gates dropped that our dudes would probably not do so well . Larroccos leap was changed to make it not a huge, gnarly 160ft jump. I was told by a track maintenence dude that the track was designed to not give USA any advantage. The mud was beyond anything i have ever seen, except for the OTMX Washougal race 2016. I am still cleaning my bike from that. I was dumbfounded by how mediocre our guys were doing in that race. Then came MEC on Saturday. Well, i was pleasantly remended that this type of racing is what our guys in MXoN were clearly focused on. I guess Tim Gaisers incident last year shows what happens when the shoes are placed on the other foot. I was talking with people from every corner of the globe whilst standung in the beer lines. The guys from Belgium feel like supercross is lame and fails miserably to MXGP. I told them to f___ o__! The dude from South Africa was cool, though. To wrap this up, Probably like many of you i was left feeling like our guys suck on the world stage. No, our guys were focused on something else when they were participating in MXoN. After seeing all three elements of our bitchen sport performed by the best in the world, i will conclude with this: Our dudes can be the best at any discipline they feel is the most impacting, (or profitable)

RC