Notifications
Clear all

Gates close at 2pm Friday?

16 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Hello,

Bay member here making the trek down for the South National...gonna be a great time!

I thought I read somewhere that the gate times for Friday is 9am-2pm? 6 hour drive for me, and I probably won't get there until 4-5pm...just making sure I'm all good.

Also...will there be a food vendor there? (hot dogs/hamburgers). I know I have one meal covered with the BBQ...only so much I can bring and keep cold in my little cooler. It's nice to have a back up food source...lol.

Thanks!

Hey Jeff,

there is no gate to park it is open desert. The gate hours refer to the gate around the track itself! You will be ok!!!!

K-Low14G

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Jeff and some more information is that the gates are closing at 2 PM for entering onto the track for practice only.
This track location is in the desert where there is plenty of parking outside of the track area. So, arrive any time.
Note:there is no parking directly along the fence line on the north and east fence.
If you arrive after dark you should see our bonfire as a signal to our location to the CCMX track and parking area.
You'll have to drive on a dirt road for a 1/4 -1/2 a mile , towards the bonfire.
There are some signs up now and they are small. Look for a sign on the north side of paved road.
We'll see you there!

Or just drive to Borax Bill's Park, 16363 20 Mule Team Pkwy, California City, CA 93505 and drive NW into the desert on any dirt road...

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Awesome...thanks for the info guys!

Looking forward to some serious dirt therapy this weekend...I could use it.

Any word on a food vendor? Only asking cause I got caught with my pants down last race at Riverfront. They've always had a food vendor at all of our races, but they said in an email there wouldn't be one and I missed it.

I brought nothing! Waiting at the gate for our race to start for moto 2...I'm pretty sure I digested about half my stomach lining with the pre-gate drop jitters in full effect...lol.

Bringing what I can though.

ReplyQuote

they do have a snack bar

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

They will be stocked food for breakfast and lunch BBQ, burritos,food.drinks,coffee on Saturday and Sunday all day.
(Not sure about food available on Friday night.)

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Awesome! Thanks!

ReplyQuote

I will have my Toyota truck with me and if you need something in town I can pick it up: groceries, ice, McDonalds happy meals or what you might need.......Joe Stern

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Nice hospitality Joe!

I will be in my Dodge 1500, so I can leave to get stuff...didn't realize there was anything close, looks like it's in the middle of the desert!

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

CCMX track FYI...did go out of their way to have food available .
So,please take time to check them out before heading into town.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

CCMX track FYI...did go out of their way to have food available .
So,please take time to check them out before heading into town.

I will be buying plenty of meals from them for sure...never had to leave a track yet.

ReplyQuote

Chris, I didn’t mean not to buy from them, but anything extra, I can help out.

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Cool Jeff.

Chris, I didn’t mean not to buy from them, but anything extra, I can help out.

Oh I know Joe...Thanks. Happened when I called NJ at CCMX to check on them having food they were pushing their carts through the store and they were a little worried that they were buying enough. So, they said they plan to stock up with a lot more food than usual and i just wanted to pass that along to everyone. Yep , never know might need more ice or beer or something.They don't sell beer. (BTW... Make sure George gives you money first, if you do a beer run...lol)

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Just found out they have plenty of race gas coming in also.

ReplyQuote

I will have plenty of Moto 922 for those who care to purchase a bottle @$20 each.  Look for the banner in front of my RV.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2