Thanks Mr. Rich Hur...

Notifications
Clear all

Thanks Mr. Rich Hurtado

8 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

and all of the other fellow MXer family that stopped to help me on day two practice.

I went out on the first OPEN practice and putted around just to check the track condition and prep. Never really got on the gas or breaks real hard. 3rd practice was the Master/Expert practice and I happened to be on the end of the line they let go first. I figured I would kinda test my speed coming into the first turn using the outside line and aiming for the inside rut. As soon as I hit my front brake my bike went out from under me so fast that I did not even realize what happened until I caught my breath after gasping for air because the wind was knocked out of me for a good 30 seconds. My kid stopped and was starting to get a little panicky because I was not breathing.

Once I got through the diaphragm spazzing and my body decided to breathe again I initially thought I was fine. Rich Hurtado was out there checking on me and would not leave me until he knew I was alright. Thanks a bunch buddy I appreciate it! Once I got back to the motor home and the adrenaline was gone the pain kicked in and I needed to call it a weekend. I was so bummed as I have really been looking forward to this race for quite some time.

After all was said and done I was pretty jacked up but not broken! I separated ribs in my chest and back which is a joy.  Sprained my wrist, sprained my thumb badly, bruised my shoulder, tweaked my neck, lost some skin, and somehow stubbed my big toe...WTF?

All of this why? I had a bent front break rotor!!! Not sure when or how it happened but apparently I did not go through my bike well enough before the day started to notice my wheel would not spin freely even one revolution.

Soooo...I won't be riding for a while because even if I heal from this latest list of injuries from this get off I am going in for knee surgery next week to do a clean up from an old procedure that is deteriorating. I hope to be back on the bike and ready for next year...See ya'll as soon as I can...Hoping to race most all of the gang rounds next year and maybe hit all of the nationals too!

Josh that sucks had no idea you hit so hard after all it was practice. LOL
Hope you heel up quickly from this and surgery see you next year on the gate.

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Wow...heal up Josh.
Look me up when you return to racing. I'll show you the stuntmans chest foam.
I would have been much worse from my slap down ...yes, slap downs happen fast.

ReplyQuote

Josh, I doubt you remember because you may have hit your head but don't forget you owe me $30 that I loaned you that morning  8)

Serious though, that was quite the spectacular crash headed into the first turn. Glad it was not worse.

Heal up and see you soon.....

ReplyQuote

Dude! 

Glad you're gonna be ok.  See you next year.

Rich, just doing what he does... Thank you!

ReplyQuote

Heal fast !!!!

ReplyQuote

Heal up Josh!!

ReplyQuote

You are very welcome Josh.  I am sorry to hear about the extent of injuries.  Heal up and we will see you when you get back on the bike.

Rich

ReplyQuote