LACR Race weekend r...

Notifications
Clear all

LACR Race weekend recap

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Well the weather was a big factor this weekend blowing 20-40 mph all day long. Saturday the track was busy with lots of riders adjusting to the new layout.
There were some changes made to the track they took out the big triple at the bottom of the downhill as well as adding a bunch of tight bowl turns and a whoop section that give a lot of riders trouble. The start was also different with a 180 deg. turn into a quick left.
Sunday morning all of the board member were busy setting up the R2R raffle and sign up. Before the races started Rich and James presented Kevin Bussey donation Check from the OTHG members over $1,500 was raised and the Sierra chapter donated $350 and also presented them with a beautiful large machined aluminum number plate bearing Kevin's # 58  donated by one of the OTHG members. After the presentation there was a parade lap in memory of Kevin.

Throughout the morning Lori from R2R was busy selling raffle tickets and there was lots of great stuff given away during the break between the 1st and 2nd rounds of racing. Brian Allman was the lucky winner of the club raffle winning a 6D MX helmet. Thanks to everyone who bought R2R raffle tickets we raise $900. Also thanks to Lori from R2R for running all of the raffles.
As for the racing there were some great battles in the 45 Nov. Victor Jones 1st with Eric Gooselaw and Jesse Horne battling bar to bar right to the checkered flag both races. In the 52 exp. 1st Tony Pulliam 2nd Scotty Walker 3rd Craig McCarley.
The 30 Nov. 1st Mike Carpenter 2nd John Prunckle 3rd Lance Carr.
The comeback ride of the year has to go to Ben Paris in the 58 Novice he had not raced in a year and only practiced once this year and he spanked the class going 1-1 great ride Ben. 
I would like to thank all of the board members and score keepers for hard work and another great weekend of racing. Also a Big thanks to the LACR crew and flaggers for a great job and to everyone who came out and supported this great club.
Until next time keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down

Elvis 537g
Viva Las Vegas

AKA Steve Mizrahi 8)

Very nice Elvis I love reading these keep it up (BIG THUMBS UP)

ReplyQuote

Awesome day. Really windy though. I had dirt in my ears. Thanks to the members that showed up to support the road2 recovery and the Bussey family. Bump Ben Paris????.

ReplyQuote

Very nice Elvis I love reading these keep it up (BIG THUMBS UP)

I concur......great job Elvis, almost like I was there.  8)

ReplyQuote

Cool write-up Elvis.  Thanks for doing these.
TP

ReplyQuote