Who can answer this...

Notifications
Clear all

Who can answer this one

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Not sure who made the decision to run 1 gate for moto 2 AFTER running 2 gates for moto 1.
Moto 1 had 14 guys in 1st gate and 7 guys in the 2nd gate which to me was perfect.
Moto 2 the starter walked up to the line just before he dropped the gate and informed all of us that he was told we are all going off the same gate. I looked over and saw a couple of guys waiting behind riders in the 1st gate expecting to roll up after the gate dropped and start with the 2nd gate.
We had 7 different classes (21 riders) all going off on the same gate.
I feel if you have 2 gates for ALL other motos we should run 2 gate for ALL motor.
Just my opinion.
John 

Thanks for your comment John.  I have contacted the Board and we will respond ASAP.  Thanks for your comments and continued support of the club.
Vr,
Tommy

ReplyQuote

Should that not be a Race Director decision?.....was always in the past.

Or maybe nobody on the board and the starter dude did it on his own?

ReplyQuote

Yes very frustrating, not only that but the first moto that kid was late to the gate and did not break down who was on what line. He walked by talking aloud while everyone was revving their motors and thru off my concentration . Second moto start was horrible for me as well and tried to make it up but watching several people cut track killed my motivation and I almost ate it several times.
Hope everyone has a good time at the National as I am stepping back for a while because I don't want to get taken out on a stretcher again.

ReplyQuote

Sorry for the confusion at CCMX, the starter made a mistake and ran one gate in race 4 not exactly sure what happened. he called on radio to see if one guy can go on 1st gate I replied yes and then it was all one gate so it was confusion between him and me so Ill take the blame for it. next time this comes up ill need to go to the starter and figure it out exactly! if there is two gates to start with it should end that way but it didn't, made a National like start but we where not there for a National. so again I take the fall on this one.

2017 Race Director: Mike Maciel

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Thanks everyone for clearing that up. I hope if we have that kinda of #'s on the gate they will always split the starts.

ReplyQuote

Not sure who made the decision to run 1 gate for moto 2 AFTER running 2 gates for moto 1.
Moto 1 had 14 guys in 1st gate and 7 guys in the 2nd gate which to me was perfect.
Moto 2 the starter walked up to the line just before he dropped the gate and informed all of us that he was told we are all going off the same gate. I looked over and saw a couple of guys waiting behind riders in the 1st gate expecting to roll up after the gate dropped and start with the 2nd gate.
We had 7 different classes (21 riders) all going off on the same gate.
I feel if you have 2 gates for ALL other motos we should run 2 gate for ALL motor.
Just my opinion.
John

Thank you John. I felt the exact same way. Cool racing with you in the second moto!! Nice comeback!!

ReplyQuote