Notifications
Clear all

Cal City Race weekend recap

9 Posts
7 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Cal City MX Race Weekend Recap
Arrived Saturday morning 11:00am the weather was perfect 74 no wind and the track was busy with riders. Set up camp got ready to practice about 1:00pm and John Lombrado stopped me and said there were fifteen or so people in utv’s were going to Ransburg for burgers and beers did I want to go. I told him to go ahead I need some practice did 6 laps and decided to go find them not knowing where they were I took of across the desert about eight miles out I saw a dark spot way out on a hill sure enough it was them and they were surprised to see me. We made it to Ransburg had lunch and headed back to camp about 3:30pm

When we got back to camp about 5:00pm there was a large group gathered round Marion’s motor home watching supercross. After supercross was over Leslie brought out a birthday cake for Kon he turn the big 50 Rich gave him some awesome race photo’s. Lots of camp fires going it the pits and storytelling going on

Sunday morning the valley chapter had a large crowd for chapel service. Signup was packed we had 120 riders. Big thank you to the valley chapter 36 riders came down to race with us. Some of the gates were big with 20 riders. In the 30 novice class new member Nick Stern took the overall with Brian Nakken, James Farley rounding out the top three, In the 45 novice class our current #1 rider this year Eric Gooselaw went 1-1 well Rich Hurtdao is no longer lingering in the back of the pack going 2-2 and K low bringing home third.38 novice top spot went to Nick Fisher. Other top spots were 30 Beg. Dustin Schwindt 52 Beg. Manuel Marguia, 52 Exp. Anthony (El Chapo) .The weather was perfect all day. Next stop DT1 MX don't miss this one it is a great track lets support the valley chapter like did with us thanks to all for a great weekend

Elvis 573g
Viva Las Vegas

Great job Elvis......almost like I was there. 120 is a great turnout!  8)

ReplyQuote

Nice recap Elvis.  It was a good day of racing and thanks to all the Valley men and women who came over the hill to join us.  Thank you.
TP

ReplyQuote

Thank you Steve, for that very cool write up.  For those that did not make Cal City, you missed out!  Thanks again to everyone who came out a raced.

Rich

ReplyQuote

Speaking for the valley chapter, we had a great time! It was awesome to line up with our brothers and sisters from the south. hope to see a lot of G's in Tulare!!! 😀

ReplyQuote

Sounds like a great race...sorry to miss it. Just was not meant to be for me but I did get my friend Jason to go and he had a great time. I think both him and I are going to car pool to the Tulare race next weekend.

ReplyQuote

Sounds like a great race...sorry to miss it. Just was not meant to be for me but I did get my friend Jason to go and he had a great time. I think both him and I are going to car pool to the Tulare race next weekend.

Fields said you chickened out because you were scared he'd beat you!!!

ReplyQuote

hahaha that is totally it 🙂

Jason rides good for sure.

ReplyQuote

hahaha that is totally it 🙂

Jason rides good for sure.

;D

ReplyQuote