I am now an expert

Notifications
Clear all

I am now an expert

7 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

An OTHG South member who has access to the "member's only" forum informed me on Sunday that I am now an expert (52 expert).  I raced in 28 motos in the 52 intermediate class during 2016, and I placed first in only 4 of them.  I won 2 overalls out of 14 (one win was against only one other rider, the second win was against two other riders).  Moreover, my lap times at most tracks were about the same as those recorded by those riders who placed high in the 52 novice class, and were far slower than the 52 experts.  Can someone please explain this to me?  Thank you.

Stand in line
I did 5 races as a member

CE 3-3 3rd
Elisinore 4-4 4th
Perris 2-4 4th
Elsinore 5-4 4th
LACR 1-4 2nd

And got bump up.

ReplyQuote

yay steve....we are in the same class now!

ReplyQuote

Crazy Times we live in..........

At the Banquet, you guys need to get the Race Director and or Board to explain what their agenda seems to be for 2017........they are doing things that are unprecedented.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

At the Banquet, you guys need to get the Race Director and or Board to explain what their agenda seems to be for 2017........they are doing things that are unprecedented.

This.^^^  I heard that the "agenda" is to bring the South Chapter more in line with the other four chapters.  Sounds good, but I think that is allowing the tail to wag the dog (South=dog, other four=tail), without considering the unintended consequences that big changes often bring.  I would think that "Job One" is to keep the South members happy, so that they continue to show up at local races.  Members that are unhappy with their class are less likely to show up (smaller turnout=unintended consequences). 

ReplyQuote

Sorry, this will NOT be discussed at the banquet!  The banquet is to recognize the members, not discuss club business.  This issue will be addressed at the first meeting of the year.  That meeting will take place on Jan 28th after practice has wrapped up for the day.  Should be a great meeting.

I'll say this, the 2017 South Board's agenda is to ensure that all OTHG racers have a great time and enjoy racing with the OTHG!

Rich

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Sorry, this will NOT be discussed at the banquet!  The banquet is to recognize the members, not discuss club business.  This issue will be addressed at the first meeting of the year.  That meeting will take place on Jan 28th after practice has wrapped up for the day.  Should be a great meeting.

I'll say this, the 2017 South Board's agenda is to ensure that all OTHG racers have a great time and enjoy racing with the OTHG!

Rich

Understood. No drama allowed at the banquet.

ReplyQuote