Notifications
Clear all

South National

37 Posts
20 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Absolutely a fantastic weekend!!!! From the great racing, awesome raffle and auction, and hanging out with old and new friends.
A huge thank you to all the peeps who made this happen, board members, LACR, scorekeepers, and everyone who volunteered.
We had a great time. 

Thank You South Chapter for putting on such a great event! I really had a great time. Track was great, Food was great, as were the people. Thanks again.

ReplyQuote

Yep I concur Awesome weekend a Big Thanks to everyone  hope to come back here next year for our National

Elvis 537g
Viva Las Vegas

ReplyQuote

I agree. It was a great weekend for sure.

BIG BIG BIG thanks to Mark Flinders for loaning me a bike to ride. Thanks a million.

I am glad to see everything worked out well. It is a huge undertaking and it took many many people working to pull it off. Thanks to all of my fellow board members as well as the countless others who helped in some way.

~kevin

ReplyQuote

Considering this was the first time in 20 years that the National was not at Glen Helen, which took everyone out of their comfort zone. But with all the hard work from everyone we pulled the weekend OFF!!

Thanks to everyone that helped out!!

ReplyQuote

Absolutely a fantastic weekend!!!! From the great racing, awesome raffle and auction, and hanging out with old and new friends.
A huge thank you to all the peeps who made this happen, board members, LACR, scorekeepers, and everyone who volunteered.
We had a great time.

I agree with Jon!  Great jog to all!!!

ReplyQuote

Im sorry I missed this race. Other things came up and could not make it Sunday. 🙁
Frank

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Absolutely, a well run and organized weekend.
Thank you 2016 board members.
We were one of the first to get in the Saturday night dinner line and the beef and chicken was cooked to perfection.
Great racing to  observe.
Saw lots of old friends from other chapters and even Chris King from our South chapter showed up... Unbelievable , lol.
Scorekeepers did a great job even though someone riding near Vet track was running over the transponder line and messing up the results.
I was surprised how well the track held up , not getting too rough.

ReplyQuote

When Saturday's practice started on time at 8:00am, it was a sign of good things to come.  14 races (x2) each day run on time (nobody having to race in the dark) is something the OTHG can be proud of.  The LACR crew (starter, water trucks, etc.) is really efficient and hardworking (Jack runs a tight ship).  The announcers did a great job of ushering racers to the gate on time.  The trophies looked badass.  The National Anthem performed live (and well) by one of our own members (Tommy Pearl).  The scores were posted really quickly after each moto (stay out of Elaine's way!).  This is a great club and people love it and this event showed it.

ReplyQuote

I second what Steve said. This was my first time at a National event and wow! Racing is just half the fun. Hanging out with all the new friends Ive made in the last couple of years.  You just cant find a better bunch! LACR was an awesome venue. Thanks again for all who made this happen. You pulled it off 🙂
188g

ReplyQuote

Thank You for a great weekend of racing. All the work put into to make it happen really shows!!!!!!

Thanks again

Dave

ReplyQuote

My first time there and got to say it was fantastic . Been to Glen Helen a bunch really like it but LACR was a very good change. Would love to go back next year. Great job South chapter.

ReplyQuote

What an outstanding weekend of racing! I wish to thank the entire South Board and all of the Volunteers who made this event one to remember. The LACR Crew kept the track dialed and the flaggers kept us safe.  🙂

ReplyQuote

For what it's worth, here's my 2 cents.  I really enjoyed the very challenging track. In my opinion, very tough. Hats off to all who helped make this weekend what it was. Three things I don't get. Cutting of the laps without announcing them. As I read on this and other message board, 20 min. for experts was the deal. I was prepared and wanting 20 min motos. Strategy! Each moto I was surprised. Flooding of the corners from one lap to another. Everyone I talked to had a problem with this. Those who race know what a difficult and dangerous issue this is. And three, WTHeck is with the "no farming" rule. I was forced to move from my gate pick because a friend who thought he was helping "farmed" in front of my gate. It's one thing to have a rule, which I am totally OK with, but if it's a rule, PLEASE make sure everyone knows about it. I don't see it in the rules. If I missed it, I'm sorry. This seems to vary from track to track. OH yeah, I don't like the concrete start pad. Tear it out. Good for tire mfg, not so much me. I guess that's four. No reply necessary.

Other than that, I had a great time! Thank you Dennis Foster for the kind and encouraging words! I won't soon forget them. They meant a lot!! See you in Tulare!

ReplyQuote
 372g

Thank You for a great weekend of racing. All the work put into to make it happen really shows!!!!!!

Thanks again

Dave

I will second Dave's sentiment and also thank him personally for racing me clean and hard all 4 Motos.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3