Bay National Result...

Notifications
Clear all

Bay National Results and MyLaps are up!

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

What a great weekend of racing, looking forward to the South National at LACR!

You can grab'em here
http://www.bayothg.com/index.php?pageid=results_points

Lifetime Member

Thanks Mike for helping set up a great weekend of racing. The weather couldn't have cooperated more. Jack and Corky,Glenda and Amy did a great job of setting up organizing the track & support sign ups. Thanks also to the other Bay chapter board member's with lots of raffle prizes and well cooked meat and chicken. Glad they opened up the overflow to make more room for parking. Full gates and lots of friendly people and great racing. Really good to see Mark the "Shark" Jones again helping out big Joe on the tire sales. 300 + riders.Well run event!

ReplyQuote

Nicely run event but what a rip-off for your racing bucks. Never again will I drive 300 miles for 4ea 12 Min Motos when the bylaws say we need to do 20 Min. We had hours of daylight left over so there was no reason not to try to meet the rules. These Bay guys, I guess make there own rules what a joke. We as EXPERT riders train to race 20 Min Motos (and promote long Motos to separate us from all the other race organizations) and to have our race cut almost in half was very disappointing. Short Motos promote aggressive riding and I don't like it.

ReplyQuote

I had a great time, the event was ran really good, the track was pretty fun and I would like to do it again! 
But I'd have to agree with Dave, I'd like longer motos for my time and my $$$.  Even if it was 10 laps vice 7 would be nice.

910 miles round trip
151.6 gallons of diesel = $424.66
gate fee/camping for (1) = $50.00 or $55.00
Friday practice ($$$ don't remember)
National entry fees = $95.00
2 days off work = OUCH

NOT COUNTING FOOD AND BEVERAGES
$569.66 for 34 scheduled laps ($16.76 per lap)

ReplyQuote

I had a great time, the event was ran really good, the track was pretty fun and I would like to do it again! 
But I'd have to agree with Dave, I'd like longer motos for my time and my $$$.  Even if it was 10 laps vice 7 would be nice.

910 miles round trip
151.6 gallons of diesel = $424.66
gate fee/camping for (1) = $50.00 or $55.00
Friday practice ($$$ don't remember)
National entry fees = $95.00
2 days off work = OUCH

NOT COUNTING FOOD AND BEVERAGES
$569.66 for 34 scheduled laps ($16.76 per lap)

Brock.
2 days off work @15.00 per day is only $30.00 lol

ReplyQuote

Sad to say but the super short motos were horrible, as we were  expecting to have 20 minutes of battle. Maybe the b.s. chapter can get there act together.

b.s. bay/seirra not bull sh!t

ReplyQuote

i thought that was what you meant Fingers  ;D

ReplyQuote

Brock.
2 days off work @15.00 per day is only $30.00 lol

You mean...I GOT A RAISE!!!!  SWEET!!!
😮 😮 😮 😀

ReplyQuote

Sad to say but the super short motos were horrible, as we were  expecting to have 20 minutes of battle. Maybe the b.s. chapter can get there act together.
b.s. bay/seirra not bull sh!t

They Bay and Sierra have been operating their events the same for years, nothing new. With the size of their event's they need the extra time so people can eat and have time for the raffles. Maybe you should have compared last year's moto lengths before being so negative about other OTHG Chapters 😉

Carry on!

ReplyQuote

so it's all about food and prizes. thought the main reason for the club is RACING

ReplyQuote

so it's all about food and prizes. thought the main reason for the club is RACING

You might be a slow learner, Herr Schultz.  :laugh:

ReplyQuote

They Bay and Sierra have been operating their events the same for years, nothing new. With the size of their event's they need the extra time so people can eat and have time for the raffles. Maybe you should have compared last year's moto lengths before being so negative about other OTHG Chapters 😉

Carry on!

Arch..glad to see you're feeling better!  Where's the stats?  😮 😮  ::) 😛

ReplyQuote

Nicely run event but what a rip-off for your racing bucks. Never again will I drive 300 miles for 4ea 12 Min Motos when the bylaws say we need to do 20 Min. We had hours of daylight left over so there was no reason not to try to meet the rules. These Bay guys, I guess make there own rules what a joke. We as EXPERT riders train to race 20 Min Motos (and promote long Motos to separate us from all the other race organizations) and to have our race cut almost in half was very disappointing. Short Motos promote aggressive riding and I don't like it.

National Rulebook:
Article 5:

National events
5.0 National events normally consist of 4 motos over 2 days.
5.1 The motos in 2016 will be timed events
5.1.1 Masters/Experts 20 min, Intermediates 18 min, Novices 16 min, Beginners/Women 15 min.
These times may be adjusted at the discretion of the national host.

So as my pal Jon Agnew likes to say....."......they are just guidelines"  :laugh:

ReplyQuote