Notifications
Clear all

Bay National Early Entry and Parking

19 Posts
12 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Hello OTHG,

All chapters we are looking forward to a great race weekend at the bay national. A few things that are an issue with just a couple people every year. This does not apply to most but unfortunately needs to be said.

Entry to the Bay National starts at 4:00 pm on Thursday. Board members and volunteers are the exception. These people are working the weekend. There will be a list of names at the gate. Anyone not on the list that gets in early will be asked to exit.

Parking is always tight. Blocking off large areas will not be permitted. You may hold one spot just big enough for one rig next to you. That is it!

It is going to be a busy weekend and we have no intention of arguing or debating with anyone. Please do not make us use the few points of leverage we have.

Let's all cooperate and have a fun weekend

Dan Marlow
Bay Chapter Race Director

Dan,

Myself and another South Member will probably get there between 11:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.

As this will be our first Bay National, is there going to be a staging area so as to not block the road in for anyone on the gate list?

Thank you,
Brock

ReplyQuote

Hello OTHG,

All chapters we are looking forward to a great race weekend at the bay national. A few things that are an issue with just a couple people every year. This does not apply to most but unfortunately needs to be said.

Entry to the Bay National starts at 4:00 pm on Thursday. Board members and volunteers are the exception. These people are working the weekend. There will be a list of names at the gate. Anyone not on the list that gets in early will be asked to exit.

Parking is always tight. Blocking off large areas will not be permitted. You may hold one spot just big enough for one rig next to you. That is it!

It is going to be a busy weekend and we have no intention of arguing or debating with anyone. Please do not make us use the few points of leverage we have.

Dan Marlow

Does that include the bay Chapter blocking the entire lower lot next to the tower. Leaving the uneven hillside for the south members.

ReplyQuote

Dan,

Myself and another South Member will probably get there between 11:00 A.M. and 1:00 P.M.

As this will be our first Bay National, is there going to be a staging area so as to not block the road in for anyone on the gate list?

Thank you,
Brock

There is a staging area.

ReplyQuote

Dan,

Thank you,
Brock

Dan. I personally think there should not be any saving a space. My first year to the Bay National I was the first in line. I left early, took off work and made the drive only to find out all the top of the hill spots were either taken or being saved.

So because someone knows someone who saves a spot, didnt make any scarfices, they get a better spot then the person that did.....something is wrong with that.... Jmo

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Hi Arch, I will discuss it with our board and let you know. Right now that is the directive I was given.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Hello OTHG,

Dan Marlow

Does that include the bay Chapter blocking the entire lower lot next to the tower. Leaving the uneven hillside for the south members.

The cove is held for bay board members, a few helpers and a spot to hold the raffle/BBQ.

ReplyQuote

It's been that way for the last 14yrs that I know of never been a problem just a very small area to camp for as many people that show up to race 😮 8)

Elvis 537g
Viva Las Vegas

ReplyQuote

I will pass, parking was horrible the only year I went, and it seems it will be again. Be safe everyone.

ReplyQuote

Please save me a spot next to Gary P. 🙂

Only need room for a 53 foot trailer and a truck.
Yes the one from Hangtown

ReplyQuote

See i keep telling you guys the Bay and Sierra chapter don't care about the South chapter. They only care about themselves..

ReplyQuote

Geez Eric, We never see you and you still got issues. Let it go dude.

ReplyQuote

See i keep telling you guys the Bay and Sierra chapter don't care about the South chapter. They only care about themselves..

Oh no Eric,  you're on to us!    Really?
  Over parking issues at that. All Nationals seem to have some sort of parking issues, yes really. We do our best to address the issues, but this is the busiest weekend of the year for our club as is every National weekend for every club. We all work our butts off to make this a successful event and we all volunteer to do this too! So I'll ask for a raise at our next meeting.

ReplyQuote

Geez Eric as I said before the parking has always been that way for the last 14yrs it is a very small area for as many people that show up for the race and every club has there area they need to put on the race, raffle dinner they need to be close to the start area don't know why this is even an issue  ???

Elvis 537g
Viva Las Vegas

ReplyQuote

Hay Mark, can I squeeze in by you  8) In my opinion this event is so awesome I'll park in the street to be a part of it. I cant wait 🙂

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2