Notifications
Clear all

Rim Repair

21 Posts
11 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

I have a crack on my front rim, do we have anyone who repairs these?

Kim, do yourself a favor and check out oemdirtbikeparts.com which is owned by this guy named Boston.  You could probably buy a whole wheel for a few hundred bucks.  I've purchased wheels, subframes, and numerous other parts from him and they always are in mint condition for a fraction of the cost.  And he'll ship to you. Personally, I'd be pretty suspect of a repaired rim.  You don't need that thing coming apart while you're riding!

Anyways, just a possible solution.... 🙂

ReplyQuote

K-Low, here's Boston's cell number text him with the part you are looking for and tell him your with OTHG.

(951) 595-7838

I bought a wheel from him last year for, I think around $100.

ReplyQuote

I think that you should take some time off while you allow that rim to heal!!!!!!!  That's what happens when you ride to fast, you break parts!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Mikel is correct, buy a very lightly used wheel or a new one.  If your hub is not damaged, you can have it re-laced and you'll be back in action!

Rich

ReplyQuote

What year is your Honda?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Wow thanks guys for all the info. One question? Who will put all the stuff on it for me. I aint doing that!

Matt. its an 2005.

Kim

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Oh and Rich..I couldn't possibly take any time off and leave you to have to ride with those guys without me  😉

ReplyQuote

E-bay has complete used OEM front wheels in excellent condition (with brake disc) for my Yamaha selling for $100-$150.  A Honda wheel should cost the same, if not less.  No assembly required, and cheaper than having a new rim laced with new spokes.

ReplyQuote

$149

ReplyQuote

Buy the wheel in Arch's link, if it will fit your bike.  That's a good deal.

ReplyQuote

I have a used Honda wheel.  has rotor, sproct, tire, and laced up. Asking $275 or best offer. Thx.

ReplyQuote

Kim, buy a whole wheel and save yourself some hassle...the benefits are many...No assembly required, you can get a new rim for the other one when you have time/money and begin a 2nd set for backup, and when you sell the bike extra wheels will make it more attractive to a prospective buyer.  Also, if you stay with Honda the second set may fit your new bike in the long run by simply installing different spacers.

See you at Milestone!  🙂

ReplyQuote

I say buy a KTM  🙂

ReplyQuote

I say use your RM cards and buy a new rim and Reid could have it laced up before practice starts

ReplyQuote

Since Jeff Blix has so generously offered you free labor from Reid Franke, you could indeed get your wheel repaired for less than $150.  Don't just buy the rim, buy the spoke kit too.  That will save some of Reid's time.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2