Notifications
Clear all

AV Motoplex

12 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Thanks for a great day. It was hot but it was a blast.

As usual it was not hot while riding, just after the moto.

Good to see everyone out there.

Thank you to the OTHG and the AV Motoplex crew for doing a great job and putting on a fun, safe event.  I would like to race there again soon.

ReplyQuote
 372g

Thanks for a great day. It was hot but it was a blast.

As usual it was not hot while riding, just after the moto.

Good to see everyone out there.

😉

ReplyQuote

"As usual it was not hot while riding, just after the moto."

Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" could explain to you that it was actually just as hot while riding as it was after the moto.  ::)

ReplyQuote

Well you don't have to be a physicist to know faster riders get more of a breeze than guys going slow.....lol 😮 😮 😮 ;D ;D

ReplyQuote

Well you don't have to be a physicist to know faster riders get more of a breeze than guys going slow.....lol 😮 😮 😮 ;D ;D

Indeed, faster riders generate a greater wind chill than slower ones.  However, Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" would point out that wind chill is negated when ambient air temperature is equal to or greater than body temperature.  (Don't be discouraged Blake, because a solution to this problem with very hot days does exist.  A rider could soak his clothing with water, and thereby generate an evaporative cooling effect even while moving through air that is hotter than body temperature.)  8)   

ReplyQuote

I just wanted to give a shout out to my buddy (FINN) who completed her very first race with the gang here.  Even though she experienced some challenges off the line and duirng the race she didn't quit.  ;D 

Also wanted to thank everyone who supported her in this endeavor. A special thanks to Blix for fixing up her bike... Looks amazing.

OTHG is the best.....

K-Low 20G  8) 

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Indeed, faster riders generate a greater wind chill than slower ones.  However, Sheldon from "The Big Bang Theory" would point out that wind chill is negated when ambient air temperature is equal to or greater than body temperature.  (Don't be discouraged Blake, because a solution to this problem with very hot days does exist.  A rider could soak his clothing with water, and thereby generate an evaporative cooling effect even while moving through air that is hotter than body temperature.)  8) 

actually not only did i soak my jersey to attain said cooling effect, but that is why we sweat in hot conditions in the first place. thereby reducing your skin temperature to lower than you body temperature resulting in lowering your core temperature.

that is why heat exhaustion is bad but not a huge deal.....as long as you continue to sweat then it will be okay. and why heat stroke is very VERY serious.

but actually it was so hot that my jersey was just about dry by the time the moto started hahaha  8)

ReplyQuote

actually not only did i soak my jersey to attain said cooling effect, but that is why we sweat in hot conditions in the first place. thereby reducing your skin temperature to lower than you body temperature resulting in lowering your core temperature.

that is why heat exhaustion is bad but not a huge deal.....as long as you continue to sweat then it will be okay. and why heat stroke is very VERY serious.

but actually it was so hot that my jersey was just about dry by the time the moto started hahaha  8)

OK.  This explains why you were "not hot while riding, just after the moto".  Agent 86 (Maxwell Smart) might say- "The old wet jersey trick."

ReplyQuote

Thanks Sheldon  😉 😉

ReplyQuote
 372g

I just wanted to give a shout out to my buddy (FINN) who completed her very first race with the gang here.  Even though she experienced some challenges off the line and duirng the race she didn't quit.  ;D 

Also wanted to thank everyone who supported her in this endeavor. A special thanks to Blix for fixing up her bike... Looks amazing.

OTHG is the best.....

K-Low 20G  8) Big ups to Miss FINN!!!! So proud of that little gal, takes a lot of heart to get out there and race with the boys.  😉

ReplyQuote

Thanks Sheldon  😉 😉

!!!!!BAZINGA!!!!!!

ReplyQuote