ELSINORE MAIN TRACK...

Notifications
Clear all

ELSINORE MAIN TRACK LENGTH QUESTION AND RIDE DAY

8 Posts
4 Users
3 Likes
Topic starter  

I was just curious if anyone knows if the main track at the last race OTHG had there was any longer or shorter than it is in the video below. Their ride starts at the 1:00 minute mark.

I rode my 40 year old Dinosaur on it the last 2 weekends to get some experience on it so I hopefully won't get lapped at the OTHG race there in October, and they extended the track by maybe 200 yards from what is seen starting at the 1:40 mark in the video. In other words, at the 1:40 mark the track continues straight for around 50 yards, then turns left to go up the big hill. The track now has another jump right after the 1:40 mark then continues straight for around another 100 yards, then it turns to go up the big hill, so the distance to the top of the big hill is also now longer than it is in the video, and the track now has one more jump.

I was also wondering if you guys will have a ride day there prior to the race.

Thanks for any info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3e6tSYU_Cc&t=217s

Lifetime Member

George might know the answer.
He's setting up our race on the 25th at Elsinore.
He will be at the October 4th race at GH.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

George might know the answer.
He's setting up our race on the 25th at Elsinore.
He'll will be at the October 4th race at GH.

Thanks, unfortunately I can't safely navigate around glen helen because I can't ride in the sand, so I no longer ride there.

ReplyQuote

Judging from the video it looks to be the same as it was for the practice day and our race, but now they have a starting gate. 🙂

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Judging from the video it looks to be the same as it was for the practice day and our race, but now they have a starting gate. 🙂

Ok thanks for the info. The track is definitely slightly longer now then. They made it longer so the daredevil riders can get up enough speed going up the big hill to clear the 80 foot long ski jump they added since your last race there. I can "send it" around 10 feet on that jump now, so I only have another 70 feet to go before I clear the far side!

Chris 4g reacted
ReplyQuote

A couple of weeks ago I rode the main and it was very lippy. Will it be mellowed out for our race?

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

@rider307g We will see.

Ron Redd will be there Thursday.

Check Instagram for Ron's comments.

I'll post here if i find out.

rider307g reacted
ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

@rider307g

I have ridden on the main track the last 6 weekends in a row with my 40 year old YZ, and have never encountered a "kicker" on any of the jumps if that is what you are referring to. I have my suspension set up a little on the soft side with a good amount of rebound, and can tell you that in my case, I found that rolling off the throttle some at the peak of the jumps I am doing, prevents my front end from going high, so if the back of your bike is kicking up, it might help to soften your suspension and turn your rebound way up and test that. I for one like how all the jumps are formed, and wouldn't want them to change a thing, although "the wall" jump can be an issue if one goes over it too fast, which is extremely easy to do, you can take my word for it, lol.

rider307g reacted
ReplyQuote