October 4th Glen He...

Notifications
Clear all

October 4th Glen Helen race cancelled

13 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes

Glen Helen has cancelled our race October 4th  and wont give me a truthful reason why. I asked Oldtimers if they would share with us since we scheduled a race because they wanted Othg to share Lacr with them because of costs and they said no. Sorry for having some issues getting the club racing because of this year. Hope things get better for your club next year.

I’m confused. GH cancelled us for the Old Timers?

ReplyQuote

After the shootout I asked her about the October 4th. She said she would move Arx to Saturday the 3rd on the rem while the 2 stroke national was on the main. Then put oldtimers on rem the 4th and us on the main. I asked can I schedule that and she said yes. When I called her yesterday to work out the details she said you have to share with oldtimers which they said no to today.

ReplyQuote

I have the texted conversation with her yesterday.

ReplyQuote

Then should the question be “Will we share with the oldtimers???” Sounds like we were scheduled first

ReplyQuote

Glen Helen has cancelled our race October 4th  and wont give me a truthful reason why. I asked Oldtimers if they would share with us since we scheduled a race because they wanted Othg to share Lacr with them because of costs and they said no. Sorry for having some issues getting the club racing because of this year. Hope things get better for your club next year.

What do you mean when you say “your club”? Are you not part of the club? Should it have said “our club”?  Just curious?

ReplyQuote

Your club next year. Im not returning for 2021. We want to sell our house and move near relatives in Idaho hopefully next year.

ReplyQuote

So is REM available?

I assume there is a reason why Old Timers are not sharing (previous commitment, agreements, etc?)

ReplyQuote

Hey guys...OTMX and OTHG have been working together as a team very well over the past two years and have shared many races including 3 already this season. OTMX is VERY much so a member ran club and all decisions are made though a vote through the membership. The October 4th race was scheduled last year by OTMX prior to OTHG scheduling their race. When OTMX first noticed the conflict we contacted OTHG and let them know that we already had our shared races for the year scheduled and that sharing was not an option on that date. Obviously, it has been a long, weird, Covid infected year and I am sure the coordination from January was lost in translation but this is not new news that the clubs were not sharing this event. Again...This was not a last minute board decision this was decided by our members back in January. As a whole I truly believe the clubs work together well and get along very well and do not want to see some animosity between the clubs. OTMX did not have to offer OTHG to share the last LACR round but we offered after talking to several OTHG members and them mentioning they have not had much racing going on due to all the Covid rescheduling. That and the fact that OTHG helped us out with some transponders at our Non-International event we figured it would be nice to pay it forward. We are one very small moto community here in SoCal and we all have the same passion or disease...Matters how you wanna look at it. Lets not make assumptions and throw each other under the bus as nobody wins that way. Let's moto peeps! I am sure we will see some of ya Sunday October 4th for some Moto fun...See ya then.

ReplyQuote

See, I figured there was a valid reason for the decision.

Thanks for the info Josh!!  8)

So what about REM then for OTHG Phil?

ReplyQuote

Well put Josh. Hope to have some combined races with you guys next year when we all get back to "NORMAL" 😮 😮
John

ReplyQuote

Thanks Josh.  No or animosity or accusations at all. I just stated fact that when Lori said no I called John to see if otmx would share since we shared Lacr September 13th that wasn't one of the shared races for the year and john called today and said it was no. The issue was the agreement with Glen Helen and Lori reneging on what she told me and saying now we HAVE to share with oldtimers.

ReplyQuote

Barda. Arx is scheduled on the 4th on rem which Lori said she was moving them to rem Saturday 3rd on the rem track while the 2 stroke national was on the main opening up the 2 tracks on the 4th for us (Sorry) Othg and otmx. So now I assume Arx is still on the rem the 4th. And Lori said she has nothing for Othg.

ReplyQuote