Next general OTHG m...

Notifications
Clear all

Next general OTHG meeting Saturday 8-15-2020.

12 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Lifetime Member
Topic starter  

Here yee , here yee...All who are interested in a general OTHG meeting!

Plan for Saturday Augest 15th at GH in the afternoon.

Hear the upcoming race schedule plans, etc.

Bring lots of questions,concerns, club directional suggestions, racing stories, friends.

If you are interestedt then post and we'll make sure we all look for each other and make the meeting happen at the oasis or in the sign up building .

I'll be posting the notes afterwards.

Unfortunately I can't attend Saturday.  I know our non-profit charter requires meeting transcripts.  I wonder if we have a link on membership form to review transcripts of prior years? In the early 2000`s we had the meets live online.  Maybe we could do zoom meeting?  Just an idea.

ReplyQuote

I’ll be there.

ReplyQuote

Unfortunately, I'm still out of commission and won't be going anywhere again this weekend... Healing is coming along though and I did a couple hikes this past weekend, but that is all about I can tolerate. If GH were to miraculously open up to spectators I'd be there!

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member
Topic starter  

Good topic Mike ...we can discuss zoom future meetings as an option.
Possibly another meeting at Cal.City?
See you there Jim. Nice of you to give up practice at the Hemet track to be at the meeting.
James heal up then and see you at the next race/meeting and if you were to be part of a OTHG race team ...you can enter the track.

ReplyQuote

Bring lots of questions,concerns, club directional suggestions, racing stories, friends.

If you are interestedt then post and we'll make sure we all look for each other and make the meeting happen at the oasis or in the sign up building .

Is the meeting open to Non Members / Ex Presidents ? If so what time does it start? Practice for the night show is @ 5:30.

Chucky

ReplyQuote

You can attend Chuck. What's keeping you from renewing your membership?

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member
Topic starter  

Is the meeting open to Non Members / Ex Presidents ? If so what time does it start? Practice for the night show is @ 5:30.

Chucky

Saturday meeting Cancelled.

I have recieved all the RSVP's from BM's and we will not have enouph BM's or GM's for a fullfilling meeting so that the members can get all thier questions answered .

So, we'll postpone this meeting.

Of course feel free to speak to any BM's on Sunday over questions or concerns you may have .

I'll again post possibilities for another meeting and your always welcome Chucky.

ReplyQuote

#1 You bill yourselves as the "Premier VET MX club. ( But you don't race on vet tracks.

#2 As a 59 year old " VET" rider I don't want to be on the track with folks half my age. ( running all the age groups at the same time isn't palatable to me.

#3 You don't race twice a month and your terming DT1 a local race isn't local race. (So with less than 12 races a year it isn't worth the $45 or is it $50 ?)

#4 Your use of a points system for promotions isn't creating good competition. (As far as I can tell it leads to unchecked sandbagging)

So those are the reasons, I'm fine being a OTMX member, like Mike Greene said they do what's in  their CORE'S best interest. I only have plans to ride with you guys at GH. So maybe next year I'll catch a few races with you.

Chucky

ReplyQuote

#1 You bill yourselves as the "Premier VET MX club. ( But you don't race on vet tracks.

#2 As a 59 year old " VET" rider I don't want to be on the track with folks half my age. ( running all the age groups at the same time isn't palatable to me.

#3 You don't race twice a month and your terming DT1 a local race isn't local race. (So with less than 12 races a year it isn't worth the $45 or is it $50 ?)

#4 Your use of a points system for promotions isn't creating good competition. (As far as I can tell it leads to unchecked sandbagging)

So those are the reasons, I'm fine being a OTMX member, like Mike Greene said they do what's in  their CORE'S best interest. I only have plans to ride with you guys at GH. So maybe next year I'll catch a few races with you.

Chucky

#1 It's awesome that OTHG runs the big tracks.  The members are of Vet age and OTHG runs all the premier tracks. Running REM every 2 weeks would be boring.

#2 Not sure what the issue is here. Gates are separated quite well I'd say. Yes, sometimes the 1st gate of a class may lap the 2nd gate (older guys). How often is there a big wreck? There was 1 big crash at the 2 day event at GH and it had nothing to do with lapping or a mix of age.

#3 15 races last year not counting both days of the south national or the other nationals. Altogether more like 25 days of racing... And yes I believe it was a "lighter" year as far as the schedule goes. There could be more local races (once we are past this lockdown deal)

#4 Folks are still bumped at the discretion of the board/race director if there is a discrepancy. There is no perfect system to prevent sandbagging...  Unfortunately we have this weird thing where assholes exist in this world that  get a sense of accomplishment out of receiving a piece of plastic for beating folks below their skill level. I find these people to be complete losers and can't even fathom how they can possibly have this mentality.  You ever see the novice class at swap moto? Whips and scrubs all day and running laptimes at/above intermediate. Happens every race and they do nothing. That doesn't happen with OTHG members.

ReplyQuote

Well said James..

An internet "Troll" is someone who makes intentionally inflammatory, rude, or upsetting statements online to elicit strong emotional responses in people or to steer the conversation off-topic. They can come in many forms.

ReplyQuote

Well I will chime in on one topic age classes ever since I have been a OTHG member the one thing I always asked from my first year 2002 is why the age brackets were not like any other racing organizations I had raced back theni was told that it's never going to change.I will say being 64 and lining up with 3 int.is no fun when I ride with otmx there are 12-17 guys this one thing that has always bothered me
Elvis
573r

ReplyQuote