Trophy and flyer fo...

Notifications
Clear all

Trophy and flyer for our shootout.

36 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes

What does everyone think?

For a 2 day event... I'm thinking 1st place guys should be getting bigger/freestanding trophies, and let 2nd and 3rd have the small hard foam pieces. I understand it is more expensive, but this will be the South Chapter's one big event of the year with no Nationals taking place.

Whatever though, I'll still be racing.

ReplyQuote

The helmet trophies are all going to be the large helmets. I haven't had the time to see what else they offer or find another trophy company.

ReplyQuote

I'm also going to just come out and say it... In honor of law enforcement? In what way? Is it just a political message? What action is actually being taken with this race to honor or support law enforcement?

If this club wants to run like a business, leave the politics out of it. The 9/11 Memorial race always made sense to me for first responder support and some extra patriotism. Without additional context, this makes no sense at all. At least offer a discount (to LEOs) if you're going to go down this road.

Also, I would say this topic belongs in the member's section.

ReplyQuote

Kibbe...unfortunately with the way things are right now in the world of Covid we didn't have enough time to have the standard free standing trophies made for this event.  We are still getting new details and guidelines almost daily regarding this event and working through the details of how to make sure we get the event off.  I think what people want more than a trophy right now is a ton of fun with their friends and get down to a weekend away from BS and get some racing in. 

When it comes to the statement In Honor of our Law Enforcement...it was something that I thought appropriate given the political climate in our county and state right now.  I think it's a great idea to give Law Enforcement a discount given the statement.  And it's just on a flyer! 

Lerma has some badass trophies for the 2 stroke race which you have a shot at!

Agreed this should be moved to members forum. 

ReplyQuote

Kibbe...unfortunately with the way things are right now in the world of Covid we didn't have enough time to have the standard free standing trophies made for this event.  We are still getting new details and guidelines almost daily regarding this event and working through the details of how to make sure we get the event off.  I think what people want more than a trophy right now is a ton of fun with their friends and get down to a weekend away from BS and get some racing in. 

When it comes to the statement In Honor of our Law Enforcement...it was something that I thought appropriate given the political climate in our county and state right now.  I think it's a great idea to give Law Enforcement a discount given the statement.  And it's just on a flyer! 

The trophy deal is small potatoes. Totally understandable.

I respectfully disagree that inserting a political message is appropriate. Remaining neutral is a no-brainer for a large number of reasons. Everyone can personally hash out their political views with their friends and random internet people all day... Leave it at home and in the voting booth, this is a racing club.

ReplyQuote

I respectfully disagree that inserting a political message is appropriate. Remaining neutral is a no-brainer for a large number of reasons. Everyone can personally hash out their political views with their friends and random internet people all day... Leave it at home and in the voting booth, this is a racing club.

i agree with James 100% in a business point of view the 2 don't mix
And the current political climate should be the biggest reason not to bring it into our unplug time from all the craziness
Let just have fun riding dirtbikes

ReplyQuote

I have to agree with Kibbe as well.

ReplyQuote

Does anyone like the trophies and flyers. That's what this topic was started as. Trying to get everyone more excited about the shootout. Kinda isn't that now.

ReplyQuote

I appreciate the idea of not bringing politics into the club! 

I for one will be donating $200 for every moto won and a $500 kicker for an overall podium 1-3 the weekend of the shootout to the First Responders Children's Foundation on the Clubs behalf.  I welcome anyone to join me and make any similar goals and donations that benefit the children of all fallen first responders in the line of duty.  I do this in honor of those who protect and serve my family and all of yours.

Lets just go out and have fun...be stoked that we even have an awesome 3 day event during these times, be stoked that you have a board putting this together as good as we can with a limited timeframe and not worry that trophies don't meet your standards.  Swapmoto Trans Am had very similar trophies and I didn't here people complaining, it sucks our board has to hear this crap when we volunteer for you the members. 

Remember if you would like to see things changed, please by all means run for a board position until then, show up and race and have some fun doing it!

You know I dig you guys so I mean NO disrespect, it just has to be said.

Rich Young 128G/8G
Race Director

ReplyQuote

I'm the only one that commented on the trophy. And...

We good?

I don't need to prove anything to this club. You guys do you. I have fun every time I'm out there! Why else would I do it? See you at the races!

ReplyQuote

Brother we are always good!

ReplyQuote

The flyer looks really cool !!!
Sounds like we will have a raffle too.

Will we have t-shirts available with the "shoot out" logo?
Will we have a taco guy or is that a covid risk?
What is the max cc and/or wheel size for the Pit Bike race?

You guys are awsome!!!
Thank you for all you do

ReplyQuote

I appreciate the idea of not bringing politics into the club! 

I for one will be donating $200 for every moto won and a $500 kicker for an overall podium 1-3 the weekend of the shootout to the First Responders Children's Foundation on the Clubs behalf.  I welcome anyone to join me and make any similar goals and donations that benefit the children of all fallen first responders in the line of duty.  I do this in honor of those who protect and serve my family and all of yours.

Lets just go out and have fun...be stoked that we even have an awesome 3 day event during these times, be stoked that you have a board putting this together as good as we can with a limited timeframe and not worry that trophies don't meet your standards.  Swapmoto Trans Am had very similar trophies and I didn't here people complaining, it sucks our board has to hear this crap when we volunteer for you the members. 

Remember if you would like to see things changed, please by all means run for a board position until then, show up and race and have some fun doing it!

You know I dig you guys so I mean NO disrespect, it just has to be said.

Rich Young 128G/8G
Race Director

well now that the subject has arose when are we taking Nomination for 2021 board asking for a friend...

ReplyQuote

September.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 3