LAKE ELSINORE TRACK...

Notifications
Clear all

LAKE ELSINORE TRACK REOPENING SOON

8 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

I have been posting info about this on the OTMX site, but didn't see anything on it posted here, so I thought I would post an update here as well for those that are interested and unaware of this.

The Elsinore tracks are ready to reopen as soon as the ban on non essential business's is lifted, which was going to be the 29th of this month but has been extended to May 15th at this point, although they may extend it again.

Anyway, I worked out some track rental rates that are very favorable, and have notified a few clubs about it.

Below is one of my posts on OTMX from yesterday, however, this site has cut the edges off the photos, so you can't see everything I am mentioning.

ok, here ya go, this is the National track, although it's really a bit hard to tell much unless you are standing there at the track looking at it, but in general, from what I could see of it, the only jump that I think most people other than young expert level riders will not like, is the double on the front straight with the big gap between the take off and landing. It looks like there is a long straight before the jump so it's easy to get enough speed but hard to get enough ''courage' (this word was substituted for a more obvious one, lol) to do it, and if you come up short, it will be extremely unpleasant.

If the management does not want to modify this jump, then it looks like it would be an easy deal to simply divert the track around it, then "Bob's your Uncle!", and problem solved. The rest of the jumps that I could see looked tame enough. This track is also wide like Cahuilla, and I couldn't see a narrow section in it.

The gentleman I have been speaking with there, said he is going to have a couple guys come out and test ride the tracks before they open, at least I think that's what he said, so if he does, I will see if he will allow someone from this club or OTHG to go out there that day as well, but imo, it should be someone that likes to jump.

This is the big gap double on the front straight I mentioned. You either need to nail it and hope you clear it, or basically roll over it so you don't flat land, cuz the take off is steep and fairly high. Track goes from right to left.

Same jump, right to left. Who wants to be the first one to come up short or flat land in the middle? If I recall correctly, the gentleman in charge said he is considering modifying this jump to make it more user friendly, but if not, it shouldn't be a problem, or prevent the club from using this track.

This jump is around 50 feet later, right to left. Looks easy, very shallow landing, hit it going fast and fly far!

Same jump as above, with the big gap double to the far right. Even my Grandma could do this one.

Small step up (or uphill gap double). Hit it slow, medium, or fast, can't get hurt at any speed, plus the track there is a mile wide, as is a lot of the track.

Back section, and this jump looks pretty simple from what I could see.

More back section jumps, which all look pretty 'PG" to me.

Topic starter  

I have some photos of the vet track also.

ReplyQuote
 516G

It has been rumored that the new owners will be able to bring in outside dirt to change the composition of the existing dirt, making it better after watering. Is that true?

Thanks Pete

ReplyQuote

That is true Pete. It was the reason why the new owners decided to open it up again. The new dirt and sand is already there. I'm waiting to have a meeting with them about track costs and they are open to making it affordable for us. Some of you might remember one of the owners. His name is Pat Colleary. He is a retired fireman and used to be the paramedic on the green Kawasaki 450 at Elsinore and later at Star West.

ReplyQuote

That is true Pete. It was the reason why the new owners decided to open it up again. The new dirt and sand is already there. I'm waiting to have a meeting with them about track costs and they are open to making it affordable for us. Some of you might remember one of the owners. His name is Pat Colleary. He is a retired fireman and used to be the paramedic on the green Kawasaki 450 at Elsinore and later at Star West.

Green Kawi, plate number 911.....Great guy!

ReplyQuote
 516G

I've always loved the track layout at Elsinore. Can't wait to ride there and race there. Good job Phil and George, I think Elsinore will be a blast. We need variety for sure.
Looking forward to a great post-quarantine season.

Thanks
Pete

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

It has been rumored that the new owners will be able to bring in outside dirt to change the composition of the existing dirt, making it better after watering. Is that true?
Thanks Pete

Hi Pete;

I am in fairly regular contact with the guys that run the track and have been there around 8 times in the last 2 months., and the only track they modified the dirt on is the National track, which they did by mixing in a lot of sand from their site.

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

I've always loved the track layout at Elsinore. Can't wait to ride there and race there. Good job Phil and George, I think Elsinore will be a blast. We need variety for sure.
Looking forward to a great post-quarantine season.

Thanks
Pete

They have changed the vet track and the national track from when they closed last, and both tracks are now better, and even the national track is good for all skill levels of riders, plus most of it is as wide as the 15 freeway, lol.

If you liked it there before, you will love it there now.

ReplyQuote