OTHG California Cha...

Notifications
Clear all

OTHG California Championship March 29th ***RACE CANCELLED BY TULARE COUNTY**

4 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Unfortunately after receiving approval to hold this race, Tulare County cancelled this race earlier today.  Thank you to everyone who was planning on supporting this race.

I’d like to bring some clarification to what this race is and is not.  When the South National was postponed due to San Bernardino County shutting down GH, DT1 offered up their track.  While it was not feasible to move the South National to DT1, it was a very nice gesture from the owners of DT1. 

It was that gesture that the idea for an OTHG weekend and one day “Mini-National” was born out of.  To be clear, this is not a race that is being promoted by the South Chapter of the OTHG.  Nor is this race a replacement for the South National.  The South chapter has no financial commitment for this race at all.  They will not make any money nor will they lose any.

This is a race that is being put on by the Valley chapter to bring all the chapters together for a fun weekend of riding with friends and family during these unprecedented times that we as Americans are facing on a daily basis.

In the interest of transparency, I am helping the Valley chapter promote this race as an individual and NOT as a member of the South Chapter Board.  I have no position on the South Board in 2020.

All 5 OTHG Chapters have been  invited  to participate in the race as many members have committed time and resources to attending an OTHG National the weekend of March 28 & 29. 

The intent of this race was to create a fun atmosphere and share some camaraderie amongst members from all chapters.  It was intended to be a stand alone race with no points awarded.  Either toward the  chapter championship or promotional points.  What the South board elects to do is entirely up to them in regards to points. 

I hope that many members will make the trip up to DT1  for what is sure to be an absolutely amazing weekend.

Rich

I think that it’s so important for us to try to keep on with our lives as reasonably as possible, and this event seems like a great way for us to come together for a fun weekend of racing. Thank you to the Valley Chapter and all of those involved that helped make this happen. Let’s keep the positive vibes flowing?

Les Griffin 913g

ReplyQuote

Very well put Rich

ReplyQuote

Thank you for the clarification Rich!  I think it's a great idea however this goes down, many thanks to both you and the Valley Chapter for pulling this together.  Let's Race with our Friends!!!! 

ReplyQuote