Awsome day at Glen ...

Notifications
Clear all

Awsome day at Glen Helen with OTHG & OTMX

16 Posts
12 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Thank you to all the board members and score keepers.  An awsome day riding with both clubs.  The 4 motos was a killer, I'll be sore for a couple days.

Thank you for the kindness allowing my nephew to help with announcing and be a part of the club.

Nice to hear!

ReplyQuote

The track was EPIC.  Been racing there for decades and have never seen it this good all day long.

ReplyQuote

I totally agree today’s Glen Helen was one of the best conditions on the main track ever. Great day. Awesome turnouts for both clubs.  JVD

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Yes, what an epic day after raining yesterday and raining last night lightly watering the track for one of the best tracks that held up so well with a nice flowing layout.
I can't remember when that track was so well groomed and flowing with different lines to flow on!

Thanks Mike and to all 200 riders who came out and enjoyed the day.
Thanks to Aiden for calling out the races so no one missed their Moto and we did get all the transponders returned... nobody had a drive back from being halfway home to bring back thier transponder this time.

We had a good turnout for the general meeting after the races today.

I'll be posting the minutes.

We are rolling onto our March 15th local race at DT1 and our South national shaping up to be another top event at GH .

ReplyQuote

It was great to see everyone. Although I'm not racing the track did look epic, maybe the same layout for our National?

ReplyQuote

Agree the day was awesome and I liked the track layout, and would also love for it to be the same for our National.  On a side note though, would have been better on race 3 since both clubs were involved to have the beginners go on second gate and not first.  It would have taken the faster riders a longer time to catch the beginners making it safer for them.  Something to address for next time.

Thanks again,

K-Low15G

ReplyQuote

Awesome day! Perfect Conditions!

I signed up for 4 motos, but only got 3 done. Having zero break between Race 8 and Race 1 meant I got about 38 minutes of riding with a 30 second moment to catch my breath. That did me in for the day, but it was a blast!

That layout was probably my 2nd favorite all time. The only section I never "flowed" on was that triple/table hump thing before coming back around for the finish line... I could never get setup for the left after that jump in a way that felt remotely fast or comfortable. That's just me being a slow Novice though! I'll be going back to GH for practice in the coming weeks to work on that section among others.

ReplyQuote

Thank You to everyone who came out yesterday to race. Thank You to the scorekeepers and board members for making everything run smoothly. Thank You Otmx for allowing us to join you on a awesome track. Our first meeting went well with some great ideas and Chris Cumbo will get the meeting minutes to everyone soon.

ReplyQuote

Yep. Was a great day. Track was awesome!  Dirt was so good.

Other than jumping off the track and then almost killing Ed Guajardo in the last turn the day was just about perfect. So fun!!!

Great job by both clubs as the day went fast. I left after the last motos were ran and I was still on the road at 3:10.

ReplyQuote

What a great event!!!!! The weather was perfect, the track was awesome and I even convinced a buddy to sign up as a member and race. He left looking forward to his next eval ride at DT-1 and a trip to the National at GH. Thanks to both clubs for all their hard work and putting on an awesome event.

ReplyQuote

I can’t help but echo everyone’s positive comments about the race yesterday at Glen Helen and racing with the Old Timers. The track was fun and flowy.
I’m really looking forward to racing DT1 with the Valley Chapter. It’ll be a good chance to see who we’re going to battle with at the National.
Any more of you Novice Riders our there want to run 2 classes with Kibbe and I? Lerma? Gruter? Jesse? Hurtado? Kim? Novice Support (Open) is a great opportunity to get 2 more starts under your belt.

Braaap!

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

What a great event!!!!! The weather was perfect, the track was awesome and I even convinced a buddy to sign up as a member and race. He left looking forward to his next eval ride at DT-1 and a trip to the National at GH. Thanks to both clubs for all their hard work and putting on an awesome event.

Hey Clarence ...The club just started giving a free race to a member who has a new (never been a member and they sign up for membership and race) .
Hope you mentioned this to the scorekeepers Sunday morning and that you got your free race .
If not, bring it up at sign-ups @ next local race after our national in the morning and e-mail statastician soon.

ReplyQuote

Hey Clarence ...The club just started giving a free race to a member who has a new (never been a member and they sign up for membership and race) .
Hope you mentioned this to the scorekeepers Sunday morning and that you got your free race .
If not, bring it up at sign-ups @ next local race after our national in the morning and e-mail statastician soon.

Chris I didn’t know about it but thanks for letting me know, I’ll bring it up at LACR.

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Thank You to everyone who came out yesterday to race. Thank You to the scorekeepers and board members for making everything run smoothly. Thank You Otmx for allowing us to join you on a awesome track. Our first meeting went well with some great ideas and Chris Cumbo will get the meeting minutes to everyone soon.

Final touches and Arch will post them...little rusty at this since we had not had a meetiong in a while... We had really good attendence having scheduled the meeting after the races when riders are at the track and have "Moto" fresh on their minds.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2