Glen Helen Today 10...

Notifications
Clear all

Glen Helen Today 10/13

9 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Had a lot fun today! Thanks to everyone who made it happen... Both clubs once again kept things running smoothly.

The battle I had with Tim Gruter and Rich Young in Moto 1 was grueling! Hope we put on a good show. I'll be feeling those welts on my arms for a few days.

Admin

Great day out there today. well except for my crash in the the first moto with OTMX on my 125. And then of course in my first moto with OTHG and my motor on my 450 letting go.

I have had better days but was still awesome to ride and hang out with friends.  Sorry I did not get to see anyone race or even help the scorers as my ankle is tweaked pretty good from the first moto crash in race 3.

ReplyQuote

Had a good day at GH. Weather was the best and I got four motos in. Wow
Frank

ReplyQuote

It was an awesome day yesterday. Thank you to all of the folks behind the scenes that make the races happen. I’m sure that it’s a thankless job most of the time. There was great weather, great racing, and a great day with friends!

ReplyQuote

It was an awesome day yesterday. Thank you to all of the folks behind the scenes that make the races happen. I’m sure that it’s a thankless job most of the time. There was great weather, great racing, and a great day with friends!

Agreed 100x! Putting on these events is a ton of work, and those that make it happen for us should be applauded.

If you missed it, you really missed out. Here's why:
Track was AWESOME! 
Got to race four 18 minute motos in perfect weather. 60 laps for $60 = buck a lap - Best deal around!
The race was run flawlessly. Results were up immediately. Can't ask for much more than that.
No serious injuries - a tweaked kankle and a shiner for a couple guys. But the kankle injury surely didn't  slow anyone down and the shiner was sure to get "bad boy" bonus points at home...lol
To top it off, there was no traffic on the way home.

So, as stated earlier, if you weren't there you missed out! See all you die-hards at Tulare.

Braaap!!!!!!

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Yes, agreed Mikel, that was one great day of racing and by the way you had some pretty impressive lap times.
The fastest of all the intermediates in any age group.
You are definitely getting some distance on the finish line tabletop and getting a little bit of a whip out of it.
---
Yes, that was a good show James on the track with Tim and Richard. I saw those motos .
Bryan Curry was way out in front and you guys had a really good battle for the second place spot.
You 3 had just a second or two from each other, while trading places back and forth .
Hope somebody got some photos.
---
Looking forward to future races at Glen Helen next year along with the 1st 2020 national coming up, at the end of March!
I wanted to give a shout out to Bruce and Michael Marrin. They were setting a fast pace , up in front in the 58 intermediates.
---
Your an inspiration to all , Frank..keep the rubber side down!

ReplyQuote

I'd like to know why day riders who have no classifications on their bikes are allowed to line up with those who are members! I had two peeps in my class who were definitely not Novice.  Why weren't these guys racing in the support class or required to become a member, get an E on their bike and then race in the proper class?

K-Low17G

ReplyQuote

They might be Novice riders for a different race series. I was looking up lap times for Novice riders for Swap Moto at Glen Helen and they were in the 2:10 range. Rich Young and Gruter we’re running 2:30’s. My fast lap for the day was a 2:40.

ReplyQuote

K-low. 1 day riders can race with out EE. Or if they  were OTMX riding a second race they are  exempted also. But I must say the day went very smooth. I really like racing  at
Glen Helen. And I’m looking  forward to next years Nationals. GH 2020 National is going to be awesome.

Jvd10 g

ReplyQuote