Topic starter  

ROM July  2019  Mr. Andy Greene

Age – 50 

Hometown – Corona

Type of Bike – 2014 KTM 350 SXF

What is your Occupation?

Building Maintenance

What do you do at work ?

I work for the City of Tustin taking care of buildings. City hall, police department, senior center, youth center, gyms, parks, stuff like that. Everyday is different, you might be driving a back hoe one day and installing cameras in a jail cell the next day.  It keeps things interesting.

I went to school for drafting and in worked in the land surveying, photogrammetry and topography mapping field but I didn’t like sitting in an office all day.

What other kind of work have you done?

I had a chance to try something different and I opened record store. CD’s, LP”s stuff like that. It lasted for thirteen years and then the internet took over. I played guitar in some bands. Very fun, traveled all over the US and Europe. Slept on a lot of floors, met a lot of interesting people. Great way to see the world.

How and when did you start racing motocross? 

I liked motocross when I was a kid. My friend’s dad had a shop that made Thor swingarms and my brother worked there. I hung around there a bit. I would go watch my brother race at Saddleback. I started racing BMX at Ascot when I was about 12 or 13. But I never really road motorcycles until I was older.

I just started racing at the end of last year. Some of you might know my brother Mike 930G, he has been racing since he was a kid and he is really old now. He is the one who got me into racing.

Your first motorcycle?
I had a 1987 Honda CR125 for a few years back in the 90’s.

What is your greatest accomplishment in MX ?

Just getting out there and trying to keep up. I’ve wanted to do this for a long time.

Riding Glen Helen was on my bucket list.

What are some of your goals in motocross? 

I just try to learn or improve in some way every time I ride.

Have you taken any motocross riding schools?

No, but I want to one day. My cornering sucks. If anyone has any tips I’ll take them.

Pro racing events that you like to see each year?

My brother, my son Ayden and I go to Supercross and a National every year for the past 10 years or so. I like to follow pro racing it’s exciting. We used to met before A1 at JT Schimits and there would be a room full of OTHG members. That was fun. We still go every year.

Who is your favorite rider to watch on television this year?

I’m a Adam Cianciarulo and Ken Roczen fan .

Do you bring your son Ayden to meet some of the pro riders and what do you watch for?

I really just want to see a good, close race. Also, If a rider goes out of their way to be nice to my son, I’m going to be a fan. Reed, Malcolm, Tickle, Marvin, Villapoto are a few that come to mind that have been cool to him.

What kind of bike are you racing before you got the 2014 KTM 350 SXF  ?

I had Ben Paris's old Kawasaki KX250F.

How often a month do you ride?

About 2 times a month. It’s hot right now so not too much. When I cools down we will ride more.

Do you like watching outdoor or the indoor motocross?

Both. What the pros can do is amazing. I’m always looking forward to A1 and by the time the nationals roll around ready for the outdoors.

What's your favorite track that Over the Hill gang rides?

Probably the LACR vet track. I liked the Comp Edge hill side track when it was open but I never raced there. There are a lot of tracks I haven’t been to yet.

What is your favorite Over the Hill gang national track?

Milestone. That’s always a fun track.

Are you planning in the future to be an Ironman (that means make every race and every event including the banquet)?

Maybe. The out of town races are hard for me to make.

Other sports that you do? 

What ever my son is into. If it’s baseball season, then we are throwing around a baseball. Football season, then we are throw a football. Next week might be skateboarding. Anything to get him off video games and out of the house.

Shout outs and thank you's to other members in the club!

Big thank you to the guys that have been hooking me up. Dave Ryan helping me out at the track - Get Well Dave. Dennis  Foster setting me up with Tech 8's.Jeff Blix rebuilt my Kawi for a 12-pac, Chuck Cook,  Ben Paris, Carl Powell , Chris Cumbo for picking me for ROTM and letting Ayden help with announcements, Shock Therapy, Big Thanks to my brother (A former #1 rider with OTHG ) Mike 930G, my son Ayden “Can I pet your dog” Greene,  and everybody in the 45 & 52 beginners class!

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote

Hey, I know him

Jeez the handsome guy in the background looks like he's ready to give birth.  My brother said the camera adds 10lbs., they must have had several cameras on me.

Congratulations Andy !!!!!

ReplyQuote

Awesome congratulations Andy well deserved
Elvis 573g
Viva Las Vegas

ReplyQuote

Awesome choice for Rider Of The Month, just tell the hot dude in the background to buy a bigger " Shoe Box" and we can hit the road next year and you can become Iron man.  8) See you Sunday.

Chucky

ReplyQuote

Congratulations Andy.....very well deserved and a great interview.

ReplyQuote