LACR Re-Cap, and wh...

Notifications
Clear all

LACR Re-Cap, and what you missed....

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

So, the turnout seemed light at LACR. And, much like the Grand Prix earlier this year, if you missed it you really missed out!

The layout on the track is super fun right now. There's some big hits for those interested in testing themselves. And, while it broke down and got rough as it usually does, it was awesome practice, especially for our next race - high speed, elevation changes, sandy turns, and fast, bumpy straights.

We also had a few notables show up that we hadn't seen in a while - Blix, Tommy Pearl, Dennis Foster, and Ben Paris to name a few....

Lastly, I'd like to give props to two individuals:

First, is Victor, also known as Zu-Bird on the forum. Victor races in the 45 intermediate class. Just before our race, his bike seized. Instead of bailing, he hung out all day, shooting pictures of the racing which is posted for your viewing pleasure online. Thanks Vic!!!!

Second is Richard Hurtado. Like many, Rich raced two races on Sunday. His particular motos were back to back, and he was on the starting line waiting for the gate to drop the second he crossed the finish line. I have done this multiple times with the OTHG, and I can attest that it is no easy feat. Plus, the extreme heat and deteriorating, bumpy track made it necessary to level up the dedication and motivation factor, which he did in spades. Way to go Rich!!!

Like I said, if you weren't there, you really missed it. So make sure you're at Glen Helen this upcoming week - you wouldn't want to miss out on two in a row!!!!! 😉

Until later, braaaaappppppp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good time at LACR, it is always great to see everyone. I sure miss lining up on the start. Hopefully soon.

ReplyQuote

Thanks for a nice weekend with friends camping and spectating some good racing.  I'll be on the gate again in a few months.
TP

ReplyQuote

Nice write up Mike but that was the worst track prep I have ever seen very surprising because LACR has always been one of the best prepped tracks

Elvis573g
Viva Las Vegas

ReplyQuote

me fall down me go boom

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Yeah Elvis, it was beat up. But it's great practice...lol

Shultzy, glad you're okay!!!!! I'm sure BOOM was the sound it made...lol  😉

ReplyQuote