Notifications
Clear all

SRA GP today

13 Posts
9 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Im here right now and track is awesome and the rain is gone, lets ride!!

So, we scored today!

It didn't really rain except for a sprinkle at the beginning of our race, which ended by the middle of the 2nd lap. Blue skies at the end of our race! And, due to the prior rain, we got to have the ridge-line portion incorporated into the course rather than the usual truck track/sand wash!!!! There were lots of banked corners to "surf" your bike off, dirt was good due to the moisture, and the layout was fun.

Essentially, it was a 40 minute trail ride with your buddies!!!!!

And, if you're racing the Nationals, it could've been used as a great, lengthy, timed practice in basically the same conditions weather-wise we'll be  in next week.

Anyways, had a great time. See you all at Fernley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReplyQuote

For those who missed out, the SRA and Glen Helen crew had a awesome track layout. Best coarse for a GP ever. Weather and track conditions were EPIC.

ReplyQuote

It was great to see you all yesterday, hopefully a return soon for me.  The track and dirt really did look good.

Wish I was racing at the Fern this coming weekend, good racing to everyone!

ReplyQuote

Man, I always loved the SRA GP's. Good times!

ReplyQuote
Admin

Oh man, the course was so good. The main track was a litte messy/wet but the trails in the hills were awesome. The best I have ever seen them.

And the long pavement left hand turn section was perfect for a 5th gear drift on the gas ๐Ÿ™‚

ReplyQuote

Oh man, the course was so good. The main track was a litte messy/wet but the trails in the hills were awesome. The best I have ever seen them.

And the long pavement left hand turn section was perfect for a 5th gear drift on the gas ๐Ÿ™‚

5th gear on the gas is where I passed your ass. Lol

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Now that was 1 good race day with the best weather / track / trail /asphalt / fire road /conditions that I've ever done a GP on.
We got into a race of a pack of 3 riders trying to shuffle around each other on the ridge going towards G.H. park and that was a blast!
The Spartan race the day before was 7 hours long and this GP was over, seemingly short and quick.
This was 1 of the times Dave Ryan referred to as a race that the weather kept riders away...but ended up being the best!
We had 2 of those types last year.

ReplyQuote

As I said in the other thread... ALL TIME.

Conditions were epic. Track was an outstanding layout. Had an absolute blast!  8)

ReplyQuote

Ha all I remember was a good start and getting passed ??????? Nice riding Chris I tried to follow you but well I couldnโ€™t ????. Awesome day it ended up, who would of thought but thatโ€™s why I went.

ReplyQuote
Admin

haha ๐Ÿ™‚

passed me like the #1 that you are  8)

ReplyQuote

[quo ;)rk Flinders - 107g link=topic=9527.msg73173#msg73173 date=1558407574]

haha ๐Ÿ™‚

passed me like the #1 that you are  8)

Yeah, the #1 Sandbagger!!!!!  Blahahahaha!  JK Mark!

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Ha all I remember was a good start and getting passed ??????? Nice riding Chris I tried to follow you but well I couldnโ€™t ????. Awesome day it ended up, who would of thought but thatโ€™s why I went.

lol... I knew you were there and I kept thinking "I gotta get off this seat"... lol...really enjoyed the course and I had real suspension working after only One (1) front fork was
working for the last several races. GH was good practice for Fernley... we'll see you there!

ReplyQuote