Notifications
Clear all

Mechanic Monday Tip of the week.... 2 nopes and a YES

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter  

Mechanic Monday Tip of the week.
I try to rarely mention brand names. But this brand is worth talking about. As they have 2 products that I do not like and one product that is better then sliced bread. That brand is No-Toil.
I get everyone has their favorite air filter oil but hear me out on this one. The 2 products that No-Toil makes that I don't like are The "Red" No-Toil which caused the seems of my filters to come unglued and the No-Toil cleaner that works "fair" at best. Now for the epic product that they make. The "Green" No-Toil. I have been using this product for over a decade and that includes the race tracks next to Mt Saint Helens Washington that have tons of volcanic silt in the dirt and will flat destroy an engine if any gets by.
To clean the Green No-Toil use powdered Oxy-Clean laundry detergent. (Just the normal one not the one with bleach in it). Wash in a bucket of warm water.
Up north my workshop had a washing machine for oily and fuel soaked clothes. I would through 8 air filters in it with the detergent and mash the on button. They would come out clean and ready to be re-oiled. Since the Green No-Toil uses water to thin the oil, the filters need to air dry before you use them.
Hope this helps

Stay greasy my friends

Good Stuff!  Keep it coming!

ReplyQuote

Huh? Didn't know they had green no-toil.  I have always used the red, sharing the same issue of the filters coming unglued.  Dose the green come in a convenient  aerosol?

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Dose the green come in a convenient  aerosol?

I don't think so. I simply use the quart and put it in a 1 gallon plastic Home Depot paint container with a lid. (looks just like a gallon of ice cream container) then dip lightly and ring out the excess back into the container. Be sure to let the green dry before use or plastic bag storage.

ReplyQuote

Mmmm Ice Cream.  Lost my train of thought

ReplyQuote