Supercross Futures

Notifications
Clear all

Supercross Futures

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Come on boys, where's the feedback from the Supercross Futures, I know some of you went?

It was gnarly the track was too much for this amateur but it was fun .....
Jeff Brower 704G got 9th 35+

ReplyQuote

Super fun and for sure a bucket list to do!  Respect the pros even more now!

ReplyQuote

It was quite the experience. Glad I finally got to do it. But wow, was I caught off guard. After watching last year's races and track design on youtube I thought to myself 'this won't be so bad'. Man, was I wrong. Those two rhythm section straights beat the hell out of you if you didn't time them just right. The rest of the track wasn't bad. There was a lot of fun stuff out there.

Raced the 40+ class which had 2 divisions. Got a decent start in 4th in my heat but ended up stalling it in that first rhythm section and dropped back to about 18th. Started picking away at people and with the help of some carnage and downed riders everywhere managed to climb back up to 7th and qualified for the main right out of my heat. So I was able to relax the rest of the afternoon and catch some of the other guys races.

Main event: Got a crappier start. Banged grips w a guy next to me and got pushed outside wide. Wasn't too upset with it after seeing a few guys go down on the far inside. Rounded first corner in about 18. Weaved my way thru a few ppl, then came the dreaded rhythm section. Mis-timed and stalled it again... Mad at myself, I clawed my way thru again trying to gain as many positions as I can. Had a few close calls, but was able to make my way up to 10th and the final trophy position. Success! Made the main (first goal), no crashes, survived to race another day..

Overall, had a great time and was fun hangin with all the others that came out. Good times guys. Thx for convincing me to do it. Checked off the bucket list.

Oh, worth noting.. What was Jeff 'Chicken' Matiasevich doing lining up next to me? Didn't he win a few of these back in the day? He easily took both wins on the day.

ReplyQuote

It was quite the experience. Glad I finally got to do it. But wow, was I caught off guard. After watching last year's races and track design on youtube I thought to myself 'this won't be so bad'. Man, was I wrong. Those two rhythm section straights beat the hell out of you if you didn't time them just right. The rest of the track wasn't bad. There was a lot of fun stuff out there.

Raced the 40+ class which had 2 divisions. Got a decent start in 4th in my heat but ended up stalling it in that first rhythm section and dropped back to about 18th. Started picking away at people and with the help of some carnage and downed riders everywhere managed to climb back up to 7th and qualified for the main right out of my heat. So I was able to relax the rest of the afternoon and catch some of the other guys races.

Main event: Got a crappier start. Banged grips w a guy next to me and got pushed outside wide. Wasn't too upset with it after seeing a few guys go down on the far inside. Rounded first corner in about 18. Weaved my way thru a few ppl, then came the dreaded rhythm section. Mis-timed and stalled it again... Mad at myself, I clawed my way thru again trying to gain as many positions as I can. Had a few close calls, but was able to make my way up to 10th and the final trophy position. Success! Made the main (first goal), no crashes, survived to race another day..

Overall, had a great time and was fun hangin with all the others that came out. Good times guys. Thx for convincing me to do it. Checked off the bucket list.

Oh, worth noting.. What was Jeff 'Chicken' Matiasevich doing lining up next to me? Didn't he win a few of these back in the day? He easily took both wins on the day.

Thanks for sharing - I backed out before full refund date but really enjoyed reading your synopsis on the race.  Great job out there !  Cool beans.  I have no regrets at all.  Oh by the way the age groups are all open - that’s the deal.  I talked to the PM and she said it was going to be much more technical than last year which is why they eliminated the beginner class so they would not encourage those types.  They carried away quite a few riders at Glendale on one section that delayed the event 2-3 hrs.  Awesome job out there rich young !

ReplyQuote

Hats off to all you OTHG guys that made it out there and gave it a shot. I was on the fence about it, but I kept hearing they were going to up the difficulty of the tracks this year, so I ended up deciding against it. I think I made the right decision... Just not ready to hang it out like that on a SX track.

Good job, dudes! Takes balls.

ReplyQuote