Clear all

2017 October R.O.M

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Reactions

R.O.M Matt Tallman

Age - 43

Hometown - Lordstown, Ohio

Type of Bike - 2013 Yamaha YZ450f, although lately I have been racing my 2012 Kawasaki KX250f

Sponsors - D.K.F. Racing, Motor Medic Racing, Dunlop Tires, and Mobius

Occupation - Maintenance Mechanic at Window and Door Manufacturing Company

How and when did you start racing motocross? I started racing in 2010 when a friend of mine told me "hey you gotta go racing dude!" So he told me all about this Vet-X Racing and I showed up with my family on Saturday to practice and then we took a track walk in the late evening as my heart began to beat faster, then along came this guy on a yellow quad up to the ski jump area that we were standing at, he asked if we were racing and I said that this was my first race ever and that I was nervous as hell. He told me that he was also in the Intro-Beginner class and that he would walk me through the track......Just then he got off the quad and hobbled over to where we were to point something out, I leaned over to my friend and whispered that he had a broken leg!!! I said well you aren't racing tomorrow then and he said The hell I'm not I'm in your class and we are racing together. Well the next day the friend that told me that I "had to go racing" never showed up and here I am Heart pounding out of my chest and about to pack it in and go home but then like a ray of light from the sky here came this crazy guy with a broken leg on a Kawasaki and I said if he can do this then I can do this! And from then on I was hooked, I have been racing with this crazy guy with the broken leg ever since, as we all know this crazy guy as the one, the only Keith "Brock" Brockmann!

What was your first motorcycle? 1988 KE100 I bought with my college fund.....Best decision I ever made 🙂

What is your greatest accomplishment? Being able to over come what life throws at you and being able to start over in life and be better and happier than I ever was! If you put your mind to something you can't go wrong!

Other sports? There is other sports?

Way to go Matt!!!!!

ReplyQuote

WAY TO GO DUDE!!!!

ReplyQuote

You the Man! 8)

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Good going Matt and good story to boot!

ReplyQuote

Congrats Matt great story 8)

Elvis 537g
Viva Las Vegas

ReplyQuote

Who is that fast guy.
Thanks for all you do for the club !!!!!!!

ReplyQuote