Perris race weekend...

Notifications
Clear all

Perris race weekend recap

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Well the Barn Burner lived up to it name. Saturday the weather was warm mid 90’s no wind and the track was busy with riders getting the new layout figured out with different options thru the double triple section.
Saturday night the oasis was lit up with a candle light fire.

Sunday morning signup was busy with lots of riders itching to go racing and Mike long was setting up the live timing on a monitor so you could see what the laps time were  as the races were under way.
The weather warmed up with temps around 104 mid-day and the wind picked up 10-20 mph.
There was some great racing in the 58 Int Carl Powell 1st Tim Williams 2nd and Glen Baugh in 3rd. In the 52 Exp Craig McCarley was on the gas getting the win Mark Valencia’s first e-val taking 2nd and Scotty Walker 3rd.  In the 45 Beg Scott Hyers 2nd e-val taking the win Eric Pass 2nd and Jim Cole 3rd.

Worst crash of the day Perry Black in the second 65 Nov race went down hard in the third turn trying to make a pass on Reid. He saw the doctor on Monday and has a fractured left shoulder the up side he has six week to heal up and keep his ironman going.
Side note what makes this club great on Friday night Keith Brockmann had his truck broke into and all of his gear stolen so some of the members got everything he needed and brought it to the track Saturday so he could race a big thanks to all those who pitched in.
In closing hope to see everyone at the picnic / ride day on July 8th have a safe and happy 4th of July and enjoy the summer break until the next race keep the shiny side up and the rubber side down. 8)

Elvis 537g
Viva Las Vegas
AKA Steve Mizrahi

Awesome!!!!

ReplyQuote
Lifetime Member

Nice write up ,  thanks Steve. Let everyone know what's goin' on Man.
Darn didn't Know Perry crashed and got hurt.
I have an extra used Thor chest protector if you need one,Keith. No need to buy one.
Marc C. finally got a travel - all to the Perris track Sunday night After his RV broke down. Lifting and carrying his motor home and trailer to Thousand Oaks.
He arrived home at 1:30 in the morning.

ReplyQuote

Huge thanks to the OTHG Family.
Several Members stepped up and offered to bring gear.

Mike Long
Mike Maciel
Rich Hurtado
Lance Carr
Matt Tallman
Elvis
Perry Black

Thank you all!

Perry, hope you're doing ok!  That spill looked a little rough.

Marc, glad you made it home.

God Bless the OTHG family!

ReplyQuote

Elvis is the "Vin Scully" of the OTHG.  8)

ReplyQuote

Hay wild man Brockmann are you still short any gear?

ReplyQuote

Huge thanks to the OTHG Family.
Several Members stepped up and offered to bring gear.

Mike Long
Mike Maciel
Rich Hurtado
Lance Carr
Matt Tallman
Elvis
Perry Black

Thank you all!

Perry, hope you're doing ok!  That spill looked a little rough.

Marc, glad you made it home.

God Bless the OTHG family!

Keith B.  Thanks for the props!  Made it home by 1:30 am safe and sound - it was one heck of a long day!

ReplyQuote

Don't make fun of how short Brock is...lol

ReplyQuote

Dave, 

Sorry just saw this.  The police recovered (1) helmet, my chest protector, (1) set of goggles and my boots!
I already replaced everything else!  And yes, the dude that was selling my new gear is in jail.  However, the asshole that broke into my truck is not.

Thank you for asking!

ReplyQuote

Don't make fun of how short Brock is...lol

😮

ReplyQuote