Sound Test Holliste...

Notifications
Clear all

Sound Test Hollister

15 Posts
10 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Don't forget to repack your muffler if  it's been awhile 99DB  good luck to all see you at LACR

Elvis 537g
Viva Las Vegas

Great reminder.
They were testing last weekend.
Brand new FMF 4.1 blew 100.6
Put the quiet core in it.

ReplyQuote

How do they test?  What do they do?  This way I can test the way they do up there.

ReplyQuote

Last year at the Hollister warm up race my Honda was over the limit. They told me that it needed to be re-packed before I returned for the National. So I returned home and repacked it, went back and it still tested high, they told me it was because it had new packing and needed to warm up and used.

They gave me the go-ahead both times.

I have yet to hear of anyone say they were turned away, has anyone else?

ReplyQuote

Last year at the Hollister warm up race my Honda was over the limit. They told me that it needed to be re-packed before I returned for the National. So I returned home and repacked it, went back and it still tested high, they told me it was because it had new packing and needed to warm up and used.

They gave me the go-ahead both times.

I have yet to hear of anyone say they were turned away, has anyone else?

Arch,
Is that why you sold the red bike? Lol
I know that the 350 makes more power then that 450 anyway.  😮

ReplyQuote

Matt,
Dont worry you will be fine. If help is needed CS racing will take care  of you. ::)

ReplyQuote

Thanks guys I appreciate it.  It seems that when I use my tester it is above the limit but I am not sure where they hold it and how they do it.  So I will not worry about it then thank you. See you all in Hollister.....BRAAAAAAP....oh wait shhhh braaap lol :-X

ReplyQuote

Matt,
If you need help holding it, Brockmann is great help :P..

He's  held it for me before :-X

ReplyQuote

Yes I know all too well lol 😮

ReplyQuote

yes Dave Shelton was told he couldn't race

ReplyQuote

They also re-test the top five after each moto............

ReplyQuote
 372g

Thanks guys I appreciate it.  It seems that when I use my tester it is above the limit but I am not sure where they hold it and how they do it.  So I will not worry about it then thank you. See you all in Hollister.....BRAAAAAAP....oh wait shhhh braaap lol :-X

::)

ReplyQuote

They also re-test the top five after each moto............

I never got tested at Hollister even after winning motos.........but I was on a smoker.  8)

ReplyQuote

I think it was '09 or 2010 that Joe Stern was tested after winning the first moto on Saturday and they DQ'd him for being too loud.  I haven't seen it since then but they CAN do it.  I've also seen some leniency in the past five years but I'm not going to count on it, even on a smoker.
TP

ReplyQuote

but in uncle joe's case it wasn't the bike, he was screaming so loud from winning

ReplyQuote