Mic and Speaker Cab...

Notifications
Clear all

Mic and Speaker Cable

11 Posts
4 Users
0 Reactions

Hello everyone, the clubs looking for some mic and speaker cable, if anyone has any laying around, and you would like to donate it to the club, please post up?

Here's a few photos, so you know what we're looking for.

Thanks!

The first pic is phone to XLR
and the other pic is Phone to phone  ::)

ReplyQuote

The top photo is the cable to connect the microphone to the mixer/amplifier, and the bottom photo is the cable to connect the amplifier to the speaker.  I was in a "Rock Band" once, so I know.  I might have something for you, or I can order some decent replacements for you from "Musician's Friend" where I have an account.  These cables often break, and those in the picture look cheap, so it's no wonder they aren't working.  I'll see you at Comp Edge or PM me. 

ReplyQuote

The cables aren't broke, there just to short. We would like to be able to raise the speakers on top of an RV so that the sounds carries further.

ReplyQuote

Make sure you get some sand bags as well because the wind will blow those right off of a trailer

ReplyQuote

Make sure you get some sand bags as well because the wind will blow those right off of a trailer

Blake are you volunteering to be that sand bagger?

ReplyQuote

If you leave the amplifier on a table near the ground, and you have two speakers that you want up high, then I think you need two speaker cables that are each 25 feet long.  25 foot speaker cables are $10.99/each on the Musician's Friend website.  50 foot speaker cables are $15.99/each.  I'm not sure why you would need a longer microphone cable, unless the announcer wants to walk around.  Although having a spare microphone cable available is always a good idea, because people tend to trip over them and break them (especially when the announcer walks around).  A 25 foot microphone cable sells for $16.71.  I'm not selling anything, just trying to be informative/helpful.

ReplyQuote

Another choice:

monoprice.com

Cables that is cables....

Monoprice’s line of Professional Audio cables brings you high performance cables at rock bottom prices. ... more info

ReplyQuote

I went home and found that I can give you all the cables that you need, along with two things that you did not know you needed.  That is, a microphone stand and a spare microphone with a long microphone cable.  The speaker cables are actually 25 foot long electric guitar cables.  Not ideal, but they should work well enough for your purpose.  I will bring them to Comp Edge on Saturday and/or Sunday.

ReplyQuote

Sweet!

ReplyQuote

The top photo is the cable to connect the microphone to the mixer/amplifier, and the bottom photo is the cable to connect the amplifier to the speaker.  I was in a "Rock Band" once, so I know.  I might have something for you, or I can order some decent replacements for you from "Musician's Friend" where I have an account.  These cables often break, and those in the picture look cheap, so it's no wonder they aren't working.  I'll see you at Comp Edge or PM me.

:-X :-X :-X :-X

ReplyQuote