Notifications
Clear all

Mechanic Monday..Tip of the week..DVM

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Reactions
Topic starter  

Mechanic Monday... Tip of the week.
I have two dogs,The Moto dogs. They have been around MX tracks their entire lives. The noise and all the activity doesn't bother them one bit. But for some strange reason if you make any kind of noise with a plastic bag from the grocery store they cower in fear.. While people don't really fear electrical components on their bike, they are often apprehensive to work on electrical problems.. But you can and with a lot less training then one would ever imagine. Really you can do this and if you can read a digital volt meter also known as a DVM then your owners manual will walk you through many of the checks. If we could spent just 15 minutes together you would have all the skills you need to operate a digital volt meter (DVM). Since we probably live a very long way from each other You Tube certainly has a video on the basic operation of a digital volt meter and probably 7 minutes into the video you would then have those skills too.
These meters which Harbor Freight gives away for free a couple times a year are a must own for many repairs on your bike, car and home. As you get more confident with all the things you can troubleshoot with a DVM you might want to upgrade the Harbor Freight DVM for one with a bit more quality. Don't fear the electrical side of your bike there are several components and most of the wiring you can test yourself. All it takes is a few minutes of playing around with a meter that you just might get for free at the store and they might change your nickname to Sparky.

Looking for my weekly Monday Tip of the Week, Mr. Dave.  How about the difference between fast and slow shock damping and when to change them?  Or maybe tire pressure and damping differences for hard-pack and sand tracks?  Comp Edge and Fernley coming up.  I and many others look forward to your tips and thank you for posting them.
Regards,
Tommy

ReplyQuote

Looking for my weekly Monday Tip of the Week, Mr. Dave.  How about the difference between fast and slow shock damping and when to change them?  Or maybe tire pressure and damping differences for hard-pack and sand tracks?  Comp Edge and Fernley coming up.  I and many others look forward to your tips and thank you for posting them.
Regards,
Tommy

😉

ReplyQuote
Topic starter  

Will add it to the topics in weeks to come.

ReplyQuote